Colonel Malek Medical College is a government sector medical college which is administered by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of Bangladesh. Principal is the executive head of the college. He communicates and implements all the regulations of the administrative authorities.
The academic council is the highest body of the college administration and is responsible for all the affairs of MBBS course, quality assurance and faculty development. This council is accountable to the National Quality Assurance Body (NQAB) in relation to the academic affairs.
It selects the academic coordinators for the Academic Coordination Committee, the the phase coordinators for the respective phases and the student representation for Academic Coordination Committee & Phase Coordination Groups.
It finalizes the annual report of the college and send it to the NQAB, takes appropriate action in response to the annual report and feedback from the NQAB particularly in relation to quality assurance and academic standards.
It recommends and takes initiative for faculty development program, also takes necessary steps for the orientation of new teachers about quality assurance.
The Academic Council sits three times in a year and any time if needed.
This body monitors and maintains control of the campus in order to ensure a smooth progress of the academic activities. It also refers the disciplinary matters to the Disciplinary Committee to take actions against those who violate any rule or regulation of the college.
The principal is the chairman and the director of Colonel Malek Medical College Hospital is the Ex-Officio member of the Academic Council. The following are the members of the academic council-
Dr. Md. Zakir Hossain, the principal of Colonel Malek Medical College
Professor Bazlul Karim Chowdhury, Director, Colonel Malek Medical College Hospital
1. Professor Anowara Begum, Professor and Head of Gynae and Obs
2. Professor Samira Hossain, Professor and Head of Anatomy
3. Professor Md. Toufiqur Rahman, Professor (CC) and Head of Cardiology
4. Dr. Md. Helal Uddin, Associate Professor and Head of Radiology
5. Dr. Nargis Akter, Associate Professor and Head of Dentistry
6. Dr. Md. Forhad Mahmud, Associate Professor and Head of Pathology
7. Dr. ATM Solaiman Kabir, Associate Professor and Head of Nephrology
8. Dr. Md. Mahbubur Rahman, Associate Professor and Head of Psyciatry
9. Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan, Associate Professor and Head of Haematology
10. Dr. Narayan Chndra Karmakar, Associate Professor and Head of Orthopaedics
11. Dr. Rajib Ahmed, Associate Professor (CC) and Head of Microbiology
12. Dr. Onyza Yasmin, Associate Professor and Head of Pharmcology
13. Dr. Farhana Noman, Associate Professor of Paediatrics
14. Dr. Shankar Kumar Basak, Associate Professor of Gynae and Obs
15. Dr. ATM Ashaduzzaman, Assistant Professor and Head of Sergery
16. Dr. Md. Saifuddin Alamgir, Assistant Professor and Head of Respiratory Medicine
17. Dr. Md. Osman Goni, Assistant Professor of Gynae and Obs
18. Dr. Krishna Chandra Kundu, Assistant Professor of Anatomy
19. Dr. Aminur Rahman, Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics and Hostel Superintendent
20. Dr. Monira Akter Moni, Assistant Professor and Head of Community Medicine
21. Dr. Md. Lutfor Rahman, Assistant Professor and Head of Forensic Medicine
22. Dr. Md. Aminul Haque, Assistant Professor and Head of Gatroenterology
23. Dr. Chinmoy Biswas, Assistant Professor and Head of Dermatology
24. Dr. Md. Rokonuzzaman, Assistant Professor and Head of Urolgy
25. Dr. Md. Harun Or Rashid, Assistant Professor (CC) and Head of Hepatolgy
Academic Coordination Committee prepare prepare academic calendar and the annual report of college on the operation of MBBS course and the extracurricular activities (annual sports, cultural programmes and annual magazine etc.), and presents the report to the academic council, and also ensure that the recommendations of academic council are implemented. They sit four times in a year and any time if needed.
The chairperson of Academic Coordination Committee act as the members secretary of Faculty Development & Review Committee and as honorary member of Faculty of medicine of different universities as per approval and consent of concerned honourable dean of the faculty.
The following persons are the members of the Academic Coordination Committee -
Phase Coordinator (phase I):
Phase Coordinator (phase II):
Phase Coordinator (phase III):
Phase Coordinator (phase IV):
There are four Phase Coordination Groups one for each phase. Each comprising as the following -
Chairperson: Phase Coordinator
Members: Subject Coordinators for each discipline area of the respective phase.
Students' representative: Two Bangladeshi students for each phase according to merit (1 male & 1 female)
- They analyze the students' course evaluation questionnaires.
- Prepare the annual report of the phase for the academic coordination committee and sit on two monthly basis and any time if needed to consider how their particular phase of the course is progressing on usual basis.
- They are deeply involved in the monitoring and evaluation of the course and in seeking students' response through the Student Course Evaluation Questionnaire.
- They have to collate and analyze relevant information from students and the minutes of the group meetings.
- They approve the students who are eligible for professional examinations
There is Faculty Development & Review Committee to recommend for faculty members for the continuing professional development. They sit every four month and any time if needed, collect information from head of the departments and evaluate personal review form of the faculty members.
The committee consists of the following-
Chairperson: College Principal
Co chair person: Vice Principal
Member secretary: Academic coordinator
Members: Four phase coordinators
This is one of the active bodies aimed at producing quality doctors of the community. It tries to ensure a coordinated effort between the teachers and the students of the college. The teachers of the college can enjoy the facilities of the Medical Education Unit. Seminars and workshops are arranged regularly which enable them to exchange views with the colleagues of other disciplines. They can also use the media production facility equipped with computers, slide maker etc. The internet access facilities are also available to an intending browser. The teachers are much benefited from the activities of the unit by learning new teaching and assessment methods. It is run by a Committee. The seminar hall and the medical skill room situated also in the college building to aid in teaching in a more effective way.
All teachers are the members of the Teachers' Association named as Colonel Malek Medical College Teachers' Association. This association discusses the matters of bigger interest and can refer any matter to the academic council for consideration.
The hostel administration committee supervise smooth functioning of the both male and female hostels. The committee is now running by the following persons -
Dr. Md. Aminur Rahman, Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Pryanka Moitra, Associate Professor of Pharmacology, and
Dr. Ripon Kumar Mondol, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry.
The students may suffer from mental disturbance due to staying apart from the parents, high academic burden, maladjustment with other pupil or due to any other cause. There is mental health support committee that identify and monitor the students who in a risk or in a suffering from mental sickness. The committee consists of the following-
Dr. Md. Mahbubur Rahman, Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Dr. Ripon Kumar Mondol, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
Member: Dr. Prianka Moitra, Assistant Professor of Pharmacology (CC)
Jayen Tanvin, CMMC-03, phone-01838347236
Kazi Shreya, CMMC-04, phone-01730438537
Tanzim, CMMC-05, phone-01841960199
Maisha Fairoze, CMMC-06, phone-01738636505
Student who is at risk of mental health problem can communicate without hesitation with anyone of the committee member.
This committee is committed to maintain the discipline in the campus including monitoring peaceful and secured environment and to take necessary action as needed including anti-ragging activity. The following are the members of the committee-
Professor Bazlul Karim Chowdhury, Professor of Biochemistry, Phone: 01711017586
Dr. Md. Aminur Rahman, Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics and Hostel Superintendent, Phone: 01816852535
Dr. Md. Abubakar Siddque, Associate Professor of Medicine, Phone: 01918689799
Dr. Binoy Kisna Tarafdar, Associate Professor of Medicine, Phone: 01815005452
Dr. Md. Mahbubur Rahman, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Phone: 01712082652
Dr. ATM Sulaiman Kabir, Associate Professor of Nephrology, Phone: 01711272822
Dr. Krisna Chandra Kundu, Assistant Professor (cc) of Anatomy, Phone: 01711618383
Dr. Prianka Moitra, Assistant Professor of Pharmacology and Assistant Hostel Superintendent, Phone: 01711071860
Dr. Ripon Kumar Mondol, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Assistant Hostel Superintendent, Phone: 01626372502
Members of Assisting Subcommittee:
Md. Rejoan, CMMC-04, Phone: 01628332892
Kazi Maisha Zoynob, CMMC-04, Phone: 01730438537
Raufun Rayon Nibir, CMMC-05, Phone: 01316566305
Nazbeen Niju, CMMC-05, Phone: 01845825897
Sajeeb Ahmed, CMMC-06, Phone: 01321579165
Maisha Fairooz, CMMC-06, Phone: 01728636505
Md. Ashraful Haque, CMMC-07, Phone: 1722656164
Khandakar Fahadma, CMMC-07, Phone: 01793534524